INDICTMENT ISSUED FOR CORRUPTION CRIMINAL OFFENCE RELATED TO SMUGGLING OF ILLEGAL MIGRANTS16.09.2021. 10:09
A prosecutor of the Special Department for Organised Crime, Economic Crime and Corruption has filed an indictment against:
1. Bogoljub Dačević, born in 1972 in Čajniče, employed as a police officer of the Border Police, BCP Hum, citizen of BiH;
2. Branislav Blagojević, born in 1994 in Foča, citizen of BiH;
3. Matović Vladimir, born in 1995 in Foča, citizen of BiH.
It is alleged against the indicted Dačević that he as a police officer of the Border Police of BiH, while performing the duty of the Sector Leader and after having been informed that a large group of persons entered BiH illegally from Montenegro at the location of Bakić, found illegal migrants, citizens of Syria, among whom were minors and children, and that instead of preventing their illegal border crossing, he used an official van of the Border Police to take the migrants to a location in Dragočevo.
The indictment states that he then demanded money in the amount of EUR 1,500 from the illegal migrants in order to transport them further to the territory of BiH. The group of illegal migrants collected the amount of EUR 1,200, which they gave to the indicted person, who then hired the indicted Blagojević and Matović, and gave them part of the money to transport the migrants to Sarajevo and let them out of the vehicle in the Trnovo area.
After that, the indicted Dačević used the official vehicle to provide protection to the vehicles driven by the other two indictees, after which he returned to the Border Police premises, where he submitted a false report that a group of migrants had been deterred from entering BiH.
The vehicles with illegal migrants were discovered during a police check near Foča.
The indictees are charged with having committed the following criminal offences:
- the indicted Bogoljub Dačević – the criminal offence of Organising a group or association for the purpose of perpetrating the criminal offence of Smuggling of migrants under Article 189a of the Criminal Code of BiH /CC BiH/, in conjunction with the criminal offence of Smuggling of Persons under Article 189, as well as with the criminal offence of Accepting gifts and other forms of benefit under Article 217 of the CC BiH.
- the indicted Branislav Blagojević and Vladimir Matović – the criminal offence of Organising a group or association for the purpose of perpetrating the criminal offence of Smuggling of migrants under Article 189a of the CC BiH, all in conjunction with the criminal offence of Smuggling of persons under Article 189 of the CC BiH.
The Prosecution will prove the allegations of the indictment by calling 22 witnesses and 2 expert witnesses, and by enclosing dozens of evidentiary materials.
The indictment was forwarded to the Court of BiH.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.