THIRTEEN PERSONS SUSPECTED OF WAR CRIMES COMMITTED AGAINST SERB VICTIMS IN KONJIC AND ITS SURROUNDINGS DEPRIVED OF LIBERTY UPON ORDER OF BIH PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE04.12.2017. 14:04
Early this morning, acting pursuant to an order issued by a Prosecutor of the Special Department for War Crimes, police officers of the State Investigation and Protection Agency (SIPA) located in the area of Konjic and other places the total number of thirteen persons suspected of the criminal offence of Crimes against Humanity, and deprived them of liberty.
These persons are suspected to have committed crimes in the spring and summer of 1992, in the area of Konjic and its surroundings, which resulted in the removal and forcible transfer of almost entire Serb population from that area.
Some of the alleged crimes are: murders, tortures, rapes, mistreatments and persecutions of victims.
The following persons were deprived of liberty:
- Šefik Nikšić, born in 1945 in Konjic,
- Adnan Alikadić, born in 1962 in Konjic,
- Mitko Pirkić, born in 1962 in Konjic,
- Safaudin Ćosić, born in 1974 in Konjic,
- Muhamed Cakić, born in 1968 in Konjic,
- Ismet Hebibović aka “Broćeta“, born in 1956 in Konjic,
- Redžo Balić, born on 20 April 1952 in Konjic,
- Hamed Lukomirak, born in 1971 in Konjic,
- Almir Padalović, born in 1968 in Mostar,
- Sead Jusufbegović, born in 1941 in Konjic,
- Senadin Ćibo, born in 1967 in Konjic,
- Agan Ramić, born in 1962 in Konjic,
- Esad Ramić, born in 1966 in Konjic.
These suspects are under investigation due to the commission of the criminal offence of Crimes against Humanity, as referred to in Article 172 of the Criminal Code of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
After the questioning of the suspects, the Prosecutor in charge of this case will put forward a Motion with the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina seeking the measure of custody to be ordered in relation to these suspects.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.