COLLEGIUM OF ALL PROSECUTORS OF THE PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE OF BIH HELD08.03.2017. 11:45
The Acting Chief Prosecutor convened the Collegium of Prosecutors employed in the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH today.
At the meeting she informed the Prosecutors about the situation that she found when she took over the Office less than six months ago as well as about the activities undertaken in the past period aiming to maintain the pace of work on the cases and to ensure more efficient functioning of the institution. Plans for future activities were also presented.
Acting Chief Prosecutor stressed the need to strengthen unity and collegiality in the prosecutor’s office and pointed out that the actions that were initiated in the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH against certain Prosecutors and staff must be carried out in accordance with the highest legal and professional standards, because it is in the interests of those Prosecutors, as well as the institution.
The following conclusions were adopted at the Collegium:
- The Prosecutor’s Office of BiH is prepared, determined and has the capacity to cope with all the difficulties encountered in work.
- The Prosecutor’s Office of BiH will continue to work intensively on establishment of the rule of law within its jurisdiction and will focus its efforts on the most complex cases in all fields, especially in the field of corruption, organized crime, economic crime, war crimes and terrorism.
- Activities on preservation of professionalism and dignity of the institution shall continue as well as efforts to prevent any attempts of non-institutional influence in the work of the prosecutor’s office.
- Activities on strengthening of cooperation with institutions in the country and abroad will continue. Those have already yielded significant results and for that we are grateful to all national and international institutions and for their support and assistance in our work.
- The Prosecutor’s Office of BiH accepts and will consider all justified observations, but deems harmful and unfounded criticism that certain individuals present in the media lately.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.